The story of Château Tour des Gendres began back in the 1920’s when Vincenzo de Conti left Italy with his wife and children and bought a farm in South Western France. In 1980, their grandson Luc, who had spent several years as a horse trainer, decided to devote himself to his other great passion, winemaking. There were already vines on part of the land belonging to the family, but they had been neglected for many years. Luc took charge, restructured the vineyard and planted more vines.
When his cousin Francis joined him in 1990, bringing with him 20 hectares, the total surface of the vineyard came to 49 hectares. The Château Tour des Gendres wines became known throughout France and abroad and the estate was hailed as a forerunner in organic farming, as they have been using organic methods since 1994. The estate is considered one of the best in the Bergerac appellation.